http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/1460/asInline.html

http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/1460/asInline.html

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Best Dressing Ever


I have to give credit to my dear friend Julie, for this wonderful recipe. She brought it to a dinner party one night and I fell in love. I have only used this salad dressing ever since. Arabella loves it too. She likes to drink it! After this sip, she said "more kombucha please" which makes sense because it is made with raw apple cider vinegar. Kombucha has a little taste of vinegar. My sweet girl always crack me up.
This salad dressing is full of nutrients. The olive oil has all the wonderful healthy fats to help your brain function. The raw apple cider vinegar has potassium to prevent brittle teeth, hair loss and runny nose, malic acid has properties of being anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal and ash has an alkaline property that aids the body in maintaining the proper pH. You want your body to be more alkaline than acidic because the more acid you have the more problems you have. More room for disease and achy joints. What mama has time for that?
The ingredients:
1 cup organic olive oil
1/2 cup raw* apple cider vinegar
1 tsp onion powder
2Tbs mustard
2-3 chopped garlic cloves
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp fresh basil**
1 tsp salt
Place in glass container and shake well. The key to this dressing, is that you need a little something sweet in your salad. So add a little pear or apple in your greens and it is delish!
*you want raw apple cider vinegar because the nutrients aren't killed off in a heating process
**the original recipe called for dried basil, but I use fresh basil from my garden and it works too. I like the idea of using as many fresh ingredients as possible. And you remember all of the benefits of holy basil from my previous post.
Bon Apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment