http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/1460/asInline.html

http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/1460/asInline.html

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Learn How To REALLY Sew

I am so excited that I have a chance to learn how to REALLY sew.  I have been winging it for long enough. : )  One of my lovely clients daughter is a very skilled seamstress and has taken me under her wing.  I know all of you skilled sewers take a big sigh of releif that you don't have to look at any more of my silly projects.

Miss Laurie (as Arabella calls her) helped me make this pillowcase dress.  The version takes pillowcase dresses to a whole new level with the different horizontal panels and the satin strip on the bottom.  The toule bow is my touch to it.  If you don't have a tutu you can still have toule somewhere. : )

Arabella LOVED her new dress.  She wore it on our vacation to The Greenbrier in West Virginia where they have a stricked dress code.  But she passed and danced for hours in the grand ballroom in it.
These are some of the other projects Mrs. Laurie will teach at her new class this summer.  She is starting off everyone very easy.  She is also versatile.  She will change projects if you would rather make something else the whole class wants to make.
 She will be at Hobby Lobby (my favorite place) in Tallahassee, Florida every Thursday starting July 12, 2012 from 5:30 to 7 p.m.  The class is $15 and you will need to bring supplies.  So just do a little shopping at Hobby Lobby beforehand.  You will also need to bring your machine.  She will have one extra one with her just in case.
 I hope everyone can make it.  It has been such a wonderful creative outlet for me to be able to sew.  Also, there is nothing like being able to make things for your family and friends.
 I love these little cell phone holders in the above picture.  Remember, you can make any of these things and more but add a touch of your style by picking out your own fabric.
Hope to see you a there with your thimbles on! : )

-Tara

p.s. Please e-mail Laurie at artofsewing1@gmail.com to register.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment