http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/1460/asInline.html

http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/1460/asInline.html

Monday, March 19, 2012

Grandparents : )


I am so thankful for my parents and what great Grandparents they are to Arabella.  They want to be with her all the time, and they can be now that we live within walking distance.  All a grandchild, or any child, really wants is your time with your undivided attention. 

JoJo and Dara take every opportunity to come see Arabella and they make the most out of each visit. They get down and play with her on the floor, they read to her, they paint with her- they do just about anything she asks of them (except TV and videos- they do refrain from that activity.)  For example, Arabella loves to run and jump, and of course she asks JoJo to cartwheel for her. He never disappoints her. He is right there running, jumping and laughing with her.  Talk about Physical Therapy. : )


There are many studies that show when a child has her Grandparents involved in their lives, they feel more secure and confident.  Extended family help a child just as much, although it does not necessarily have to be blood-relatives. The WHOM is not as important as the WHAT. A child needs to feel love and security among those closest to them, regardless of whom the caregiver may be. I am so thankful for ALL of Arabella's extended family.  She is so blessed to have so many wonderful people in her life.


Love, Tara

2 comments:

  1. To stay "young" you have to keep moving and have as your goal to die young at heart no matter how old you are. My grand child, Arabella, encourages me to stay active, alert and to celebrate life with a healthy sense of wonder that creates a fantastic dicovery in each moment I am with her. Thanks Baby! JoJo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. I feel that some of the fall of the family unit is due to so many kids living so far away from their Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins. I have been fortunate enough to never have left the area where many generations of my family have grown up. Thankfully, my daughter and my grandson have tons of family close by. I am so grateful that we get to spend time with our grandson 4 days every week. And he does keep me moving and active. :-) He also is lucky enough to have a special close relationship with two of his Great Grandmothers. He also is very confident and secure within himself. BTW ..... Joe looks great. Arabella is doing a good job keeping him young.

    ReplyDelete