http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/1460/asInline.html

http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/1460/asInline.html

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Strawberry Soup


Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Strawberry Soup.  Doesn't it just sound good.  It is so easy to make but it taste like something very special.  It is our new favorite dessert, snack or syrup. 


All you do is puree however many strawberries you have in a food processor with a little water (depending on how soupy you want it) and a little sweetener if the strawberries are a little tart.  Right now we are at the end of strawberry season so I need a little sweetener.  I use raw organic cane sugar, agave or honey depending on what I have. 

For a dessert, I put a little square of my organic dark chocolate (Green & Blacks is my favorite kind) in a special bowl.  For a snack, I mix it with plain organic greek yogurt.  And for syrup, I put it over french toast or pancakes.  IT is delish no matter how you do it.

Also, strawberries are loaded with vitamin C, so this is healthy. : )  This will help you fight of colds as long as you keep the sugar low.



This is us having breakfast at our new house.  This morning we had homemade french toast made from homemade bread, fresh farm eggs and strawberry syrup.  Not a bad breakfast table setting, huh.  The pond is right behind us.  : )

Cheers with Strawberry Soup!

-Tara

2 comments:

  1. Love the outdoor dining!!!
    Rachel C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm.... so.und wonderful. Love your new setting there

    ReplyDelete