http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/1460/asInline.html

http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/1460/asInline.html

Thursday, November 10, 2011

$2 Room Make-Over


I found this shower curtain at a garale sale.  For 2 dollars.  I was planning on using it as a shower curtain, but then I drapped it across a dinning room chair, by chance, and thought, "hmmmmmm, that might work!"  And it did!  It refreshed the whole living room and dining room.  All I did was cut out a square big enough for each chair and then stapled it to the back of the chair.  I made creases at the corners to keep it smooth. I made a couple pillows to match. I made one bolster pillow that Arabella likes to relax on in her organic robe.   I cut two rectangles and sewed the edges right sides facing. Left a small hole, to pull it right side out and hand stitched the opening. I learned the hard way that you have to pull apart the filler a lot before you put it in the pillow (it will be lumpy if you don't). I used bamboo filling from JoAnn's Fabrics.
I made matching bows for Arabella and Penelope. I will do a post on how to make these BIG southern bows soon!
I also made Stephanie and I headbands. Stephanie wore her hair in pig tails with this headband and it looked really cute. I find that as a mom of a toddler, I am always trying to find ways to conceal that I haven't washed my hair in a couple of days. This works mamas! I will also do a post on how I did these. Super easy and quick.
Who knew a $2 dollar shower curtain could go such a long way and be so much fun?!

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment