http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/1460/asInline.html

http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/1460/asInline.html

Thursday, November 10, 2011

A's Aussie Bits

 I got the inspiration for this recipe, from one of my Aussie clients. I just love her care-free spirit and accent. These bits are full of protein and fiber. They are definitely a power snack. When I made my batch, it felt so good to have something to grab really quick that has all of the nutrients you need in a couple of bits. Arabella had a blast helping me make them. She is sending all of you kisses. : ) She inspired me to mix them with my hands. There is something about feeling the texture of these in your hands. 
Here's the recipe:

Dry Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup raw organic sunflower seeds
1 1/2 cup barley flakes*
1 1/2 cup organic spelt flour**
1 cup chopped dates
1/4 cup raw organic sugar
 
Wet Ingredients:
2 organic eggs
1/4 cup honey
1 stick organic butter (melted)
1/2 cup organic olive oil
1/2 cup organic coconut cream
1 tsp baking powder (mix in hot water to disolve)
2 Tbs. hot water

*The original recipe called for oats but I like to use barley because it is easier to digest and it has properties to help with digestion.

**Spelt flour is easier to digest too.

First mix together the dry ingredients separately.  Then the wet ingredients separately.   Then mix both wet and dry ingredients. Form two inch size balls and place on glass pans and cook at 350 for 30 min.
I make this large batch to hold us over for a week. My hubby, Arabella and I, like to grab a couple when we get hungry through the day. Arabella loves to say "Aussie Bits"!

No comments:

Post a Comment