Thursday, November 10, 2011

Joy- Who Truely Made Me Get Healthy

Warning- this is some heavy stuff. It took me awhile to get up the courage to share this with you. I like to talk about happy things. But I know this is very important to share. I hope I can help prevent anyone from going through what I had to go through. I know that is one reason I had to go through this. Joy was my 1st daughter. I called her my bundle of joy, because I loved feeling her play in my belly. One day, she stopped playing and I knew something was wrong. I went to hear her heartbeat and everything seemed fine. I was told she was just getting too big to move around because I was 8 months along. I went home telling myself everything was fine but my sub-conscience knew differently. I caught myself saying that I missed her. Two weeks later there was no heartbeat at the ultrasound. I was told I had to deliver her. Then I was told I had to plan her funeral. I wanted to know WHY! I had no idea. Later my mother-in-law asked about the amalgam (mercury fillings) that I had been getting removed during my pregnancy. I thought I was doing good because I was getting them out of my mouth. The dentist was a family dentist of my husband's family. I trusted him, when he told me everything was safe as long as you didn't do anything the first 3 months of my pregnancy. I proceeded to removed 16 large mercury (silver) fillings all throughout my pregnancy. I started researching. 1st sentence pops up- Mercury is the #1 neuro-toxin and causes fetal death. The vapors from the fillings being removed were traveling in my blood to the placenta. The mercury crosses the blood-brain barrier and kills the brain cells.  Then I started reading Your Non Toxic Pregnancy, which is great book and I highly recommend it. Mercury is one of the few substances CONCLUSIVELY proven toxic in pregnant.  Being exposed to it, in utero increases risk of fetal death and developmental delays. The US Center for Disease Control estimates the ONE in every SIX American newborns has levels of mercury high enough to cause brain damage, impaired language skills and co-ordination problems. Greenpeace is conducting the largest ever US study into mercury exposure. The Mercury Hair Sampling Project has found levels in 21 percent of women of childbearing age tested to exceed EPA-recommended limits.  You can check your levels and learn more about mercury poisoning here. I had my levels check through hair testing, blood and urine through chelation. I was shocked that not only were my mercury levels high but I also had a ton of other chemicals in me. I thought I was healthy by working out and eating semi-organic. But I was so WRONG! I made my life's mission to get as TRULY healthy as I possibly could.  I want to share my information with you,  so stay tuned for what I did.


  1. I am so glad you are sharing your story. There area lot out there that need to know or be reminded how scarey chemicals are. Im sorry for your loss.

  2. Hi,

    I saw your blog on "Raising Natural Kids" facebook page. I am so sorry you lost your little girl. My son Jonas was a fullterm stillborn last year. We never found the cause of death. It has been very difficult.

    I love your blog and just like you I have cut out as many chemicals as possible from our lives. You can read more about Jonas here if you like:

    I will enjoying following you blog and reading all you tips!

    Hugs to you!

  3. Thank you Anonymous. I hope I can inform as many people as I can to prevent anymore heartaches.

    Hugs to you too Jen! My heart breaks when I hear another story like yours. There are just no words to describe what you have been through. I applaude you for talking about Jonas and look forward to reading about your angel. Love, Tara